Kanara Entrepreneurs – Bengaluru (KE), conducted its members meet at Hotel Grand Magrath on February 19th 2021. The meeting commenced with the KE Prayer recited by Director Mentoring Leena Lobo followed by the welcome address from KE president Charles Gomes.
After welcoming the members, Charles wished for an enterprising year ahead to the members, as this was the first members meet for the year 2021. Also as business entities are limping back to normal gradually after the devastating effects of the pandemic, Charles wished that the members could bounce back on their respective business profiles at the earliest, and encouraged the members to reach out to one another in every possible way.
Director-Membership Pramod D’Souza inducted and administered the oath of membership to 12 new members.
The new members who joined in are as follows:
1. Dr Chris - Surgeon at Sakra World Hospital
2. Gerald(Jay) Menezes - Partner and CEO of Shuddhi Associates, a Banking DSA firm.
3. Jackson Mendonca - Talent Acquisition Manager at Arnold Consulting
4. Jason D’silva - Sales Director at GMT EXIM Pvt. Ltd.
5. John Fernandes - Director at Fleissig Solution
6. Joshua Quadros - Film maker and Graphic Designer
7. Peter Rebello - Corporate Trainer, Musician, DJ and also Emcee
8. Prashant Maxim - Regional Manager at Cummins India
9. Rachel D’Silva - Director at GMT EXIM Pvt. Ltd.
10. Rebecca D’Silva - Associate Marketing Manager at Kuliza Technologies
11. Vijay Prakash Lobo - Chief Manager at ICICI Bank
12. Vilina Sequeira - Founder of Docens Training and HR Consulting Pvt. Ltd
Given the present financial and economic situation, growth rate and GDP in the country and with the Central Budget just being presented a few days back, KE had invited Rohit Tandon – a well known financial analyst and partner at KPMG India, to provide an insight of the budget to the members. Rohit and his team from KPMG presented a detailed analysis of the budget and explained the impact of the budget across various business sectors. He also mentioned about the plans of the government to strengthen economy and the steps taken by the government in that direction which are to be rolled out shortly.
Post the talk by Rohit, three members presented their business pitch: Floyd Britto from Fountain IQ who is an IT consultant, Sabitha Lasrado who is into Architecture & Design Renders and Vijay Prakash Lobo – Chief Manager with ICICI Bank. Director of mentoring Leena Lobo moderated this session.
New member joinee Jackson Mendonca compered the entire event and Santhosh Sequeira proposed the vote of thanks before the members broke for networking, fellowship and dinner.